Parameters of the Variation Experiment
The top part of the Variation experiment view contains
the following control elements:
- Run. Click to
launch the experiment.
- Stop (active
only if the experiment is launched or paused). Click to stop the
Below the toolbar you can find a set of the experiment's
parameters can be reset
their default values if required.
- Experiment duration -
the period of time that will be processed by the experiment.
- All periods
- [The option is set by default]
Experiment will consider all periods specified in the Periods
table. The actual experiment duration is specified below the parameter
as Start date and End date:
date of the experiment corresponds to the date specified in the Start
column of the first period (in the Periods
table), and the ending date
corresponds to the date specified in the End
column of the last period (in the Periods
- Selected periods
- Experiment will consider only the periods that you specify in the Start period and End
- Start period
- [visible if Selected periods
option is selected] Specify the period, the starting date of which will
be used as the starting date of the experiment.
- End period
- [visible if Selected periods
option is selected] Specify the period, the ending date of which will
be used as the ending date of the experiment.
The experiment duration will constitute the whole period between the
starting date of the period specified in the Start
period field and the ending date of the period specified
in the End period field.
- Custom period
- allows you to set custom experiment duration period. For
specifying dates, refer to the date
- Start date
- specify the required experiment starting date.
- End date
- specify the required experiment ending date.
- Use replications
- defines whether replications
are used during the experiment run. If replications are
iteration will include several repeating runs of the Simulation
experiment. Otherwise, each
iteration will include a single run of the Simulation experiment. The
number of replications is set in the Replications
per iteration field.
per iteration - [available if Use
replications is enabled] the
number of replications per iteration.
- Number of threads
- [available if Use replications
is enabled] the number of tasks that can be run in parallel.
section displays the list of variations set up for the experiment. Each
variation refers to a certain parameter and defines a variation method
- Finances statistics unit
- the monetary unit that will be used in the
- Product statistics unit
- the product measurement unit (also includes
units defined in the Measurement
Units table) that will be used in the
- Time statistics unit
- the time measurement unit that will be used in the
- Distance statistics unit
- the distance measurement unit that will be used in the
- Configure statistics
- opens the dialog
box allowing you to
specify the statistics
to be collected
during the experiment.
- custom user-defined Java processor. If no custom
pre-processor is provided, the Default
pre-processor will be used.
- custom user-defined Java processor. If no
custom post-processor is provided, the Default post-processor
will be used.
Results of the